“Highlands, Cashiers, Glenville Top Listing/Selling Agent”
CLICK TO CONTACT YOUR LISTING AGENT HERE
“Top Listing Agent” is a search term often used by those wanting to list their property. They may feel that if they can find the one that is selling the most, this is what will get their home sold quickly. But what qualifies as “the most?”
Guidelines for “Top Agent”
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has a “Code of Ethics” and criteria that a REALTOR® must abide by. This is to the benefit of the general public. In fact, many members of the public do not know that a REALTOR® is not the same as a Real Estate Broker/Agent. All REALTOR’s® are Real Estate Agents, but not all Real Estate Agents are a REALTOR®. Confused?
REALTOR® is a registered trademark. Agents that choose to be a REALTOR® must abide by a higher code of ethics. Agents that are not a REALTOR® do not have the same requirements. This “Code of Ethics” also applies to how agents present themselves.
Meaning of “Top Agent”
This can change from month to month, year to year, etc. A “Top
Agent” can be a person that has the most listings, has sold the most number of units, has sold the most in dollar volume or any number of many other variables. It is because of these factors that a REALTOR® must specify in their advertising “what” makes them the top and “when” (dates) this was a qualifying term.
For example, an agent may have sold 2 – $1,000,0000 properties, giving him a sales volume of $2,000,000. Another agent may have had more sales in units, say 6 at $300,000. This means his sales volume is only $1,800,000. Which is the top agent? It depends on what criteria is used. One sold 3 times as many units whereas the other sold more in revenue. And it is most likely neither of these that actually listed any of the properties. However, without knowing criteria, any of them could say they are the top agent.
How to Find the Top Agent
Here are a few tips and questions that may help you find your top agent:
- Are they local, from the area? In other words, how much do they really know and understand about the region and this market?
- How much marketing experience do they have or do they leave all that up to the firm?
- Are they web savvy? Just do a simple search and see how often their name shows up and for what? Is it real estate related?
- Are they Social Media Active? Today’s buyer has to find a broker. If yours can’t be seen in Social Media, how are others finding them?
- Interview. Have an agent show you data that shows why they price your home at a certain market. This calls for caution. Here is an interesting article about agents and listings. It’s really a must read: “Why Real Estate Agents Take Overpriced Listings“
FIND TOP LISTING AGENT FOR HIGHLANDS/CASHIERS AREA
Sell Your Home
Bottom line is you want to sell your home. You would like to find the top selling/listing agent in your area. A good listing agent knows how to market your home. Typically, it then becomes part of the MLS. You now have many agents that can see your home on the market. It now becomes a matter of pricing correctly and having the right agent that knows how to market.
Please add your comments below on this article or how you look for a Top Agent.